To facilitate the redemption of offenders into a positive, purpose-filled life
To provide selected ex-offenders with effective opportunities and support to realise their potential as civil participants in a redeemed society
- To structure a sustainable organisation able to deal with the requirements of a national NGO dedicated to offender reintegration
- To establish nation-wide self-sustaining residential facilities where parolees can live transformative lives while transitioning to being self-sustaining, healthy, participative citizens actively contributing to societal transformation
- To prepare selected offenders for a one-year commitment to a rigorous programme of transformation while they are in prison
- To provide holistic programmes that address balanced development of physical, emotional, spiritual, educational, vocational, and relational needs for each participant with an exit strategy after 12 months
- To escalate selected candidates from within the ranks to become part of pioneering teams to establish new facilities nationally
- To provide support services to those exiting the programme
The reality is that dysfunctional families produce dysfunctional children that become dysfunctional families.
Breaking the cycle requires active intervention.Incarceration is a means of removing offending citizens from access to a broader society. In South Africa, the government department responsible for this function is known as Correctional Services.Though some “correction” is achieved, the offender upon release is returned to the environment that originally acted as a catalyst of the dysfunctionality – gangsterism, poverty, unemployment, substance abuse, etc.
Where Eagles Dare Reintegration provides an opportunity for ex-offenders to start a new life and break the cycle of dysfunctionality. We do this by addressing 4 key elements of capacity building:
- We provide a safe residential environment of productive stability
- We strengthen capacities to make positive choices regarding health, habits, masculinity, spirituality, social norms, work ethics, and self-management
- We develop capacities for income-generation through constant skill development, patient self-application and perservering labour
- We provide stepped reintegration-support back into society as a liberated man